BRILLIANT AT THE BASICS
DONT MISS THIS EXTRAORDINARY WORKSHOP
26th to 28th of APRIL 2024
Imago Research and Brilliant at The Basics
Experience the cutting-edge exploration of Imago Theory and -therapy, currently undergoing unprecedented research that is reshaping the landscape. The profound impact on Imago theory and clinical skills is already palpable, with several recently completed Ph.D. research projects and numerous others in progress.
Join Sophie and me on this enlightening 3-day workshop, where we’ll unveil the latest findings in this dynamic Imago-field. Rooted in my own Ph.D. research, I pioneered the concept of “The Imago Therapeutic Stance” – a holistic framework encompassing the methodical and relational competencies that define a master Imago Couples therapist.
For an in-depth dive into the intricacies and nuances of “The Imago Therapeutic Stance,” look no further than the advanced workshop, Brilliant at The Basics. It’s the perfect platform to explore the complexity and finer details of this new concept and much much more.
Sophie Slade is absolutely an Imago-giant. She has been in Imago from the beginning and her contribution to the growth of Imago cannot be overstated. She is also a poet and learning from Sophie is like a suithing swim in language. The sound of Sophie will stay with you forever. Personally I enjoy the ease and joy of working with Sophie, whether training with her online, cooperating on faculty circles or just chatting with her enjoying a fish and chips together. But nothing can compete with doing a face to face training with her and I simply can’t wait to see her here in copenhagen in april.
DON’T MISS THIS OPPORTUNITY TO LEARN FROM ONE OF THE VERY BEST.
Send your registration to:
First, a bit about Sophie Slade. Even though she is one of the biggest names in the international couples therapy scene, she’s just like a really nice and easygoing, warm-hearted aunt to be around. She’s British, so it matters – and she often sparkles with her delightful, understated English humor. She teaches all over the world but is based in Quebec, Canada, and London. As a teacher, she is warmly present and incredibly sharp in her expertise, both when it comes to demonstrating and evaluating therapeutic practices, and when it comes to connecting it all with research. And then, with great warmth and self-irony, she repeatedly shares stories about her own life with her life partner, David. Because, of course, the two of them have had instructive ups and downs in their relationship, just like everyone else, including the undersigned.
- The workshop will strengthen your therapeutic intentionality.
- You will improve your ability to choose the interventions that are relevant for the couple from moment to moment.
- You will learn the newest Imago adjustments and additions. learn about the specific “Imago Therapeutic Stance”.
- You will improve your ability to embody and anchor the processes and changes in the nervous systems of the couple.
- Learn how to utilize the parent dialogue and BCR processes.
- You will learn how to psychoeducate efficiently and in the service of consolidating deep relational transformations.
The program is designed to review, deepen and expand the clinical skills that were taught in the Imago training. You will move beyond the mechanics of facilitation and learn to use sentence stems, doubling and focusing in a creative and artful way.
Video clips will be used to show the dynamic of a couple before an intervention, during the intervention, and how the dynamic of the couple changes after the intervention. Through lecture, video-tape, live demonstration and practice, you will deepen your understanding and ability to effectively move couples into vulnerability, connection and repair. Our goal is that you leave this training with an expanded understanding of how and why to use different interventions at different times, and to support you in being creative within the structure of the dialogue process.
AND OF CAUSE AS ALWAYS WE WILL ARRANGE A SOCIAL EVENT/DINNER MOST LIKELY ON SATURDAY. YOU CANNOT HAVE AN IMAGOTRAINING WITHOUT SOCIALIZING, LAUGHING AND DINING TOGETHER.
BRILLIANT AT THE BASICS
A 3 days Advanced Imago Training with
Sophie Slade and John Hjarsø Mortensen
APRIL 26th to 28th 2024
Friday, Saturday, Sunday.
The Imago Therapeutic Stance
Our beliefs about therapy and couples
Imago – A Therapy of Joy.
The Intentions of the Therapist –
- Increasing Connection & Consciousness,
- Increasing Safety, Differentiation, Empathy & Wholeness
- Growing and Healing beyond Childhood Developmental Needs
- Re-integration of the Missing Self
- Therapist Tools – for Deepening and for Shallowing
Stage I of therapy – Attachment
- The first session – The Mandate and the Baseline to measure progress
- Evaluating progress
- The Appreciation Dialogue
- Doubling – a therapeutic stance
- Sentence stems
- Validating – different forms
- Empathy – different forms
Stage II of therapy – Exploration
- Further deepening
- The Parent-child Dialogue
- The Behaviour Change Request Dialogue
Stage III of therapy – Identity and Competence
- The New Narratives
- The Goodbye Process.